For a safe journey! Perfect visibility is the key to safety in the rail sector. RailEye® 2.0 represents a highly reliable, video-based rear-view mirror system for the vehicles of transport operators. It consists of several rear-view mirror cameras on the outside of the vehicle, monitors in the driver’s area and the intelligent video links for controlling and monitoring the components used. RailEye® 2.0 is an analogue system and fulfils the requirements regarding functional safety according to SIL1.
This results in the following advantages:
- no additional hardware to determine the authenticity of the video images
- delay-free video stream (latency less than 200 milliseconds)
- System architecture prevents possible freezing
Functions of the RailEye® 2.0
- Expands the field of view compared to conventional exterior mirrors
- Improved visibility in low light conditions for the driver
- Meets SIL1 safety requirements
- Does not require additional hardware to establish authenticity of video images
- Provides virtually delay-free display of images (less than 200 ms)
- Allows multiple display of cameras on only one monitor, also according to SIL
- One-Wire single-cable power supply for cameras and monitors reduces installation and cabling effort
- Railway-ready cameras ensure excellent image quality in all weather conditions
- Integrated Power Heating de-ices cameras in under 150 seconds at -25°
- High temperature and vibration resistance of the rear-view mirror monitors, ensuring brilliant images every time thanks to high contrast ratio and automatic brightness control
Precise & intelligent components
The heated camera monitors the area next to your own train set.
The monitor clearly displays the critical areas next to the train set.
All video signals converge in the RIVL and are distributed to the monitor in real time depending on the driving situation.
RailEye® 2.0 Certificates
EN 50126 & EN 50129: Classification as SIL 1
EN 50155: Rail Standard (Climate tests)
EN 50121-3-2: Electromagnetic compatibility
EN 61373: Vibration and shock tests
EN 45545: Fire standard
ISO 9001:2008: Quality Management
- Elektronischer RückspiegelUnrestricted field of vision along the entire length of the vehicle on both sides of the vehicle
- Blind-Spot AssistantThe cameras of the RailEye 2 provide insight into the blind spot
- Entry monitoringMonitors all doors of the train set for safe passenger disembarkation and embarkation
- Crawl speed monitoringSupports the train driver when travelling slowly in narrowed road passages
- Front collision monitoringPermanently observes the front area of the train set
- Shunting supportSupports the train driver during difficult and unclear shunting operations